With the discloser of the memos it has become very obvious that our definition of torture has softened a bit. I read through the events and lunched at times. I know it was not nice… but a caterpillar.. come on. I was thinking that would terrorize my daughter (she too thinks insects are out to get her). Then I thought, don’t psychologists recommend things like this to help you overcome your fears (heights, crowds, elevators)?
I looked through the list and wondered how all of this was so bad. These are people that blew up buildings, cut of the heads of people and have no respect for any American life. And we have to talk nice to them for “shouting” is not in the handbook. Then it clicked… it all makes sense now. If you remove thought and logic and go back to base emotions of a 5 year old. If the left has softened us so much that all of this is torture, then so are all the rest of these items the left is trying to stop!
9. Getting up for work is torture [welfare].
8. Getting yelled at or fired for bad performance is torture [unions].
7. Having to study for a test is torture [social promotion].
6. Living in a rundown apartment is torture [community reinvestment act].
5. Having to spend within my means is torture [Congress, Obama’s budget]
4. Knowing what people will want to buy is torture [auto bailouts].
3. Listening to conservatives is torture [fairness doctrine].
2. Basic training is torture [cut the military].
The number one liberal torture policy
1. Having to be a responsible adult is torture [et al].
It works great is you have a whiny child read these to you…Dennis Kucinich comes to mind.